- To put Mangakahia-Maungatapere Ratepayers first
- To continue any existing projects keeping costs within budget
- Open accountable Council with less bureaucracy
- Encourage economic success within Whangarei and specifically attracting businesses with job opportunities.
- To ensure preservation and enhancement of the environment
- I believe money spent on recreation should be treated as investments, not as expenditure.
- I am aware ratepayers expect their rates to benefit rural Whangarei and not only central Whangarei.
- I will fight for ratepayers wants and needs across Whangarei
Vote Iain Robertson - Mangakahia-Maungatapere
Sealing roads in the Whangarei District should be a priority and is essential for: Safety Reducing dust Less costs long term for ratepayers via rates and their vehicle expenditure. Less costs for the Whangarei District Council long term Beter for the environment and climate change - Electric Vehicles need smooth undusty roads... How can we do it: Change Council with a new vision and new people Take roading seriously like councils used to in the past Don't charge residents $4000 +GST in targeted rates Even though most rural properties dont recieve many of the council ammendenties seen in town! See my other post: Poor Unsealed Road Maintenance In addition to that I would want to lobby to central government to make State Highway One at least 2 lanes (Each direction) all the way to Whangarei with median barriers. This will reduce collisions vehicles that travel slowly such as trucks, buses and motor-homes will be more comfortable Safe passing Reduce wear a