Reducing your household waste is not only better for the environment but will reduce the amount you pay for rubbish disposal. HOWEVER I want serious changes:
- Larger recycling bins are necessary; preferably with a lid so light winds don't distribute the recyclables throughout the urban and natural environment.
- Rubbish bins at problem hot spots.
Either empty the public bins more frequently or add more to our beautiful District.
- Council needs to rethink its plastic refuse bags - (Hardly a climate emergency...?)
- Research and offer other items that can be picked up to be recycled - many plastics don't meet the criteria.
- Reduce complex recycling "rules" so people don't give up on the idea.
- Free entry to rural local tips/transfer stations for a certain amount of trash and or recyclables including garden waste.